A Tree Survey and Aboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA) may be required as part of a planning application relating to a site that is close to, or contains, trees. Geosphere Environmental (GEL) can provide an appraisal of the pre-construction conditions on the site, including an assessment of tree quality in accordance with British Standard BS5837:2012 (2005).
The AIA provides an assessment of tree health and value, and details the potential impact a construction project may have on the surrounding trees, as well as the potential impact the trees could have on the finished structure.
GEL can provide the following arboricultural services:
- Preliminary Tree Survey and AIA to BS5837:2012
- Finalised AIA (once the final development plan is known)
- Tree Constraints Plans
- Tree Removal and Retention Plans
- Tree Protection Plans
- Site Specific Construction Method Statement
- Site Supervision during Construction
- Guidance on mitigation for tree removal and recommended planting specification
- Arboricultural Management Plans to maximise the safe useful life expectancy of retained trees.