Geosphere Environmental Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of your data. We need to collect and use certain types of information about the Individual/employees/clients/suppliers who come into contact with Geosphere Environmental Ltd in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with fairly, legally and transparently at all times whether it is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice aims to explain the types of personal data Geosphere Environmental may collect about you when you interact with us whether you visit our offices, use your mobile device or go on line. It also aims to explain how we will process, share and keep your data. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Geosphere Environmental Ltd is also registered on the information Commissioner’s Register of Data Controllers.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
To facilitate your interest in Geosphere Environmental, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data only when you actively enquire about our services:
- Name, place of work, position
- Contact information including email address
- Postal address
- Your interests regarding the enquiry
- Site location of the development site
- Your computer IP address
- The method in which you found out about our company
- The information that is processed about you is dependent on the purpose and channel of your enquiry. This includes:
- Enquiries for more information about Geosphere Environmental
- Job applications
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). We may collect and process your personal data for a number of reasons. These reasons include:
- To respond to your enquiries
- To send you information you have requested
- So that we may comply with any legal obligation we have
- In order to comply with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract with you
- For market research purposes
- To improve our business and the service and/or products we provide
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below); or
- Where you have consented to the processing
- When you apply for a job vacancy with us.
We do not collect or compile personal data for release or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. Your information will usually be processed to meet our contractual obligation or legitimate interest to facilitate your interest in our business. In those few cases where your consent is required, this will be communicated to you at the point of collection.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Geosphere Environmental Ltd, including:
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health, safety and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- Improving existing products and service and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries or disputes
- Protecting Geosphere Environmental Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third-parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Geosphere Environmental Ltd, and
Fulfilling our duties to our customers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your personal data without your knowledge, unless we are required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Unless we notify you, we will not process your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as it is currently defined.
Detailed below are examples of when we would collect, process and in some cases share, your personal data:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- To verify your identity
- To process job applications
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To monitor customer satisfaction (both on our own behalf and/or for Constructionline) including processing customer satisfaction surveys
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
PROTECTIVE AND PRE-EMPTIVE SAFETY FEATURES
We use CCTV at our offices for the safety of and prevention of any crimes committed against our staff, our customers, our equipment and our properties, not for other monitoring purposes.
Our vehicles are installed with enhanced safety software which monitor them to increase safety and to prevent crime, not for other monitoring purposes.
In the event of any criminal investigations, we may be required by law, to share the data captured with the relevant authorities.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETENSION
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under some laws or regulations to retain your personal data for a set period of time for example, the maximum legally obliged retention period for certain health and safety related matters is 40 years. Where there is no legal obligation, for example around direct marketing information, we will hold your data for 2 years, unless you opt out within this time.
Some specific areas include, but are not limited to:
- Health and Safety related matters– up to 40 years
- Property purchases and related matters – up to 15 years
- Direct marketing – up to 2 years
- Other data will be held for up to 6 years in line with the statute of limitations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We use trusted third-parties to provide the below services and business services, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may disclose your information to third parties if:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or
- In order to implement our contracts with you, or
- To protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and contractors to provide information to you on our behalf and/or in order to fulfil our contracts with you.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may from time to time contain links to other industry related third party websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING
We try to ensure that our communications are as effective and relevant as possible so that we make the best use of the money we spend on them.
On occasion, we will use information you have given us directly, to tailor our communications with you about our future activities, in your preferred communications method or via social media.
We will also, on occasion, use the information you provide us to target our digital and social media advertising effectively.
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of it. We would encourage you to inform us if the information we hold about you is no longer accurate. We may need extra information from you in order to verify your identify in order to deal with any request. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. If you do not want us to process your data, then we may not be able to facilitate your interest in our business.
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up with you to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
All new employees, whether permanent or contract, will provide us with personal data which is required to process their application and complete the contract of employment.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We hope we have provided you with plenty of information around the processing of your personal data that we undertake and the rights you have over it, however, if you have any further questions or would like more details on any of the points listed above, please contact:
Geosphere Environmental Ltd, Brightwell Barns, Ipswich Road, Brightwell, Suffolk. IP10 0BJ. Tel: 01603 298 076 / 01473 353 519; Email: [email protected]. Data Protection Administrator: Rachel Jefferies.
If you are not happy with this notice, believe we have processed your data in an unfair or unjust way or are non-compliant with the relevant data protection laws and you wish to raise a complaint, please contact us and we will carefully consider your complaint and respond to you.
The Directors are responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented, reviewed at least once a year and that the necessary resources are provided.